Monthly Archives: February 2014
Plants vs Zombies fans everywhere rejoice. The game that made you waste countless hours on your phone or handheld is back. But this time we take control of your plants or zombies in this action packed version.
Now as you noticed this isn’t your usual plants vs zombies. You take control of different plants and even your iconic zombies. There is no tutorial or guided magical hands to help you understand what you must do. So being the avid PvsZ fan I went in ready for some action.
From time I saw this I knew I was not going to enjoy my gaming experience. I dealt with EA servers in BF3 and BF4. They suck. They are the worst when it comes to hosting any game on their servers. The best thing one can do is pray you don’t get kicked out of the game or even worse….
I mean who releases a game that is online only and not have their servers ready…. Oh yeah EA. My boy Blake sent this to me via twitter
Now understand on the Xbox 360 version you have to be online. All the time. So if you have a bad internet connection or no internet at all you will end up with a paper weight. Now I don’t understand why they chose that route. Playing offline would help understand the game and maybe playing via LAN would be awesome. I guess they want to keep a check on those coins. Either way I had to create my own room to get some action.
The game is fun. I won’t say it is deep but just plain good old fashion fun. It plays a lot like Gears of War Horde Mode. Yep. You plant a base. Defend the base from wave after wave of Zombies. Same thing for Gears of War. Only difference is the swag. Yep that is right. The way this game is set up there are mini objectives that allow you to level up your plant or zombie. Things like using the chili bean bomb 3 times levels you up.
Another interesting aspect to the game is that instead of you planting using sun beams, You got to buy stickers that help you unlock characters and “consumables”. Consumables are the stationary plants placed in pots situated in different parts of the map. So don’t be like me and waste a whole bunch of plants all the time. When I realized that I don’t get anymore I was screwed. Interesting enough you get coins for each mission you finish or lost. You use these coins to buy stickers.
So the drive in this game is to get as much coins as possible to be the best plant or zombie on each map. There are 4 different classes of plants and zombies. For the plants there is the Peashooter, Chomper, Sunflower and Cactus. For the zombies there is the Foot Soldier, Engineer, Scientist and the All-Star. Each have their strengths. Playing as a team is the key to winning. So what is the final verdict for this game?
Carib Gamer gives this game a 3 out of 5.
- Graphics 3
- Sound 3
- Gameplay 4
The lack of offline gameplay really kill the fun for me. Anything on EA servers sucks. There is enough fun here to keep you entertained but that slowly goes as you begin to realize the harsh truth of playing over and over to get enough coins to be the best. With the swag and other goodies that is sure to follow we can expect this game to be around for a while. So buy this game with this caution in mind. Online Only for Xbox 360.
That is right folks! We had to go flip the script. I won’t lie we was bias towards PSN. I mean for obvious reasons. They had more free stuff than you can shake a stick at. So when Xbox Live decided to join the give away free stuff revolution we had to add them in. Thus the name change.
We will keep an eye out for new deals and free games on both platforms. Don’t worry we haven’t forgotten about the Wii-U. If there are any deals on that platform we will add it. Just excited to get my hands on Plants vs Zombies Modern Warfare. I played the original on my PS Vita and Android Phone. Run that thing red. So pretty hyped about that title.
What a battle! Today Carib Gamer aka Ruscle participated in the first ever Naruto tournament 2014. I won’t lie it was a stiff match up. Never have I seen so much players fighting for the number one spot.
The very first match I had to get knocked to the losers bracket. That is right. The winner of the tournament Javiel played against me. I held my ground but lost. The coolest thing about it was the atmosphere was tense. Expectation was high. Naruto players came from all over the place.
Players came with their “A” game. Versus is the number one place in the BVI for an arcade experience.
I did an on the spot interview with the two finalist. Once we get it fixed up will update the blog. The next event for Versus will be the first ever Carib Gamer Super Street Fighter 4 Tournament. With a $200 prize and bragging rights. See you there March 8th 2pm!
Here at Carib Gamer we give back to the community every chance we get. Not only do we talk and play video games we also mentor some youths. While playing some games we encourage the boys to do more than loaf on the block. We also donate some of our services for free. By going to the schools and providing a clean competitive atmosphere while playing the latest games.
For the year of 2013 we had a goal in mind. To establish ourselves in the Caribbean as the hub for all things gaming and entertainment. We exceeded our expectations and now we are recognized as a voice for the gamers in the Caribbean.
February 20th, 2014 I was approached by a business that want to be aynonmous for business related reasons donated a Xbox One for Carib Gamer.
I would like to publicly say thank you. They were very happy to donate the Xbox One system after they saw how diligent we were at Christmas on Main street 2013. Many businesses don’t practice good customer appreciation but we strive to be both professional and humble when it comes to providing good old fashion gaming.
So looking ahead we will continue giving back to the community and providing a hub for the gamers in the Caribbean. Till later stay frosty!
That is right! July 18th to the 20th 2014 is the biggest Caribbean E-sport event in the beautiful island of St. Maarten. This time around there will be a more focus on Caribbean gamers. Last year Carib Gamer participated and we didn’t win. But I don’t think this year we will be going home empty handed. So save the date and keep it locked to Carib Gamer for any information regarding VXG 2014.
That is right folks! We got the details for the latest Call of Duty: Ghost Hot Fix Patch. I know what your thinking.
Yet we are gamers and the VXG is slowly creeping up on us. So for all those gamers honing their skills need to know what has changed for this MLG ready game. I know one thing for sure is that most people who are still playing this are die hard fans. Titanfall is looking to be the next big FPS king…. So anyway here is the Hot Patch details.
Title Update: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3
- Added leaderboards for Gun Game.
- Added functionality to view the clans of remote players.
- Allowing soldiers to invite to clan in Call of Duty App.
- Added extra loadout slot support for Call of Duty App.
- Added link to the store from customization submenus.
- Added diamond clan icons to clan details page.
- Fixed lag that could occur when host rapidly changed classes.
- Fixed crash that could occur when player is killed while controlling a vehicle killstreak.
- Performance improvements for modes using bots.
- Fixed loss of controller issue that occurred when second controller signed in after a non-signed in first controller tried accessing the store.
- Host migration optimizations.
- Fixed lost connection issue that could occur when lobby breaks after accepting the game invite.
- Fixed reactive motion jitter issues with local split-screen players.
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
- Removes delay for lobby member broadcaster icon when enabling/disabling it.
- Fixed a bug where MLG spectators couldn’t see enemies shooting on the minimap.
- Fix null string translation bug found when playing eSports rules coming out of spectate.
- Fixed cycle players button not functioning when the mini-map is displayed.
- Fixed issue that caused the eSports rule set header to carry over onto the system link menu.
- Killstreak count is correctly maintained across rounds in SD/SR/Blitz.
- Fixed some spawn issues specific to Stormfront.
- Fixed broken operations (must play one ranked game to fix data).
- Rebalanced spawns on Ignition.
- Improved spawns on Whiteout.
- Fixed issue where players can make the bomb disappear by planting on top of their IMS/SatCom, then destroying the placeable.
- Fixed the progress bar improperly displaying “contested” if 2 players entered the flag’s capture radius, then one player left or was killed.
- Fixed rapid fire popping animations that would occur when deploying an IMS or Sentry then immediately pressing up on the d-pad.
- Fix Infected bug where PDW was not shown initially when spawning in.
- Fixed text overlap when highlighting clan vs clan playlist.
- Fixed sign-in issues that would occur when accessing the store with different controllers.
- Fixed error with Clan Roster menu.
Fixed issue where some camo’s were not applied correctly in game.
“Escapes” leaderboard is now displayed in the correct order.
We now track Armory level completions as “Escapes” on the Escapes leaderboard.
Undiscovered Truths achievement now unlocks properly.
Fixed issue where players would sometimes switch back to their pistol after reviving players.
Removed an audio buzz that played prior to an intel clip starting.
Fixed issue where aliens would disappear during the final Breeder fight.
Fixed case where the locker key that had been collected did not show up in the HUD.
Fixed Breeder sometimes not attacking players.
Updated the egg throwing logic for the Breeder to improve engagement.
Updated the final battle logic with the Breeder for when it is injured.
Fixed some challenges:Fixed issue where intel collected would read “0 out of 13” instead of “1 out of 13”.
- Turned off Phantom in the air challenge.
- Changed where the “kill Seekers before they explode” challenge appears.
- Fixed issue where challenge ring would not appear for “Stay in circle” challenge.
- Marked aliens” challenge no longer marks “pets” as targets.
- Reordered challenges so there will be enough challenges using the pistols only Relic in solo in Nightfall.
Made improvements to how intel is tracked globally across maps.
Fixed issue where splash message would sometimes not appear when scavenging.
Solo play balancing fixes in Nightfall first Breeder battle.
Fixed an issue where outro movie would hang if other players readied up while the move was playing.
Fixed some map exploits in Nightfall.
Fixed an exploit with the deployable money feature.
Fixed issue with voice location callouts playing during the Breeder fights.
Fixed issue with voice over playing when players are in last stand or when a player has died.
Added Relic bonus to the post game score screen.
Improved the reliability of triggering the Nightfall Easter Egg.
There you have it. Read it. Absorb it. Become one with the info. There is more info here at their community website:
To be honest this hot patch fix list is epic. This game needed a little more time in the oven. I understand Activision greedy fro the dollars but sometimes it is best you give the developers some time get the game ready first before serving sloppy seconds. Anyway keep it locked to Carib Gamer for more info on Call of Duty Ghost!